Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3

My doctor's appointment went well. My doctor was impressed that I've lost weight in the last six months and asked what I was doing. I loaned her a copy of It Starts With Food, because I'd really like to know her thoughts on it, so I'm hoping she's really going to read it. My blood tests all came back improved from last time, although there's still room for improvement. I'll go back to her in six months or so, and hopefully they'll be even better then. 

My breakfast today is not Whole30 compliant, but I made the choice to have non compliant food, and then got right back on track with lunch, mostly because I felt like the easiest way to have a hot, filling breakfast after my doctor's appointment was to go to a restaurant, rather than trying to take food with me and find a microwave to heat it up and eat in the car. Anyway, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast -- at Cafe Brazil. Omelette with broccoli, portobello mushrooms, and sundried tomatoes, rosemary potatoes, and a mocha. I didn't eat the bread or the jelly. Also, if you'd told me a year ago I would ever order an omelette with no cheese, I would've laughed at you, but I did. And it wasn't bad. Not as good as if it had cheese, but not bad.

Lunch -- Classic Pork Meatballs from Well Fed 2, spinach topped with a mix of zingy ginger dressing with a little mayo (there wasn't much dressing left, this helped it go a little farther), baked sweet potato with macadamia nut oil and cinnamon, and strawberry/chocolate kombucha.

Supper -- Cauliflower/acorn squash soup topped with sausage, spinach with ranch dressing, blood orange kombucha.

No comments:

Post a Comment