Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Whole30 #2, Day 27

Today I cooked, and then cleaned the kitchen, and then cooked some more, so now I need to clean the kitchen again. I feel like this is a never-ending cycle. If I ever win the lottery, I'm hiring someone to come clean the kitchen every 12 hours, just to keep up with the dishes/mess from cooking.

Anyway, all the cooking did result in some tasty food, so I guess it was worth it. 

Breakfast -- breakfast casserole (two shredded sweet potatoes, 12 eggs, a whole bunch of spinach, and some baked chicken, mixed together and baked in a 10x13 baking dish), spinach topped with Zingy Ginger Dressing from Well Fed 2, and iced coffee with coconut cream, canned pumpkin, and cinnamon.

Lunch -- Sirloin steak (topped with Magic Dust, a seasoning recipe from Well Fed 2 (sensing a theme here yet? You can see a free sample pdf of Well Fed 2 here, if you're curious), baked sweet potato, and Wildbrine's beet and red cabbage sauerkraut. Also, ginger/cinnamon/vanilla kombucha.

Supper -- salmon patties with tartar sauce and coleslaw, all from -- you guessed it -- Well Fed 2.
A few weeks ago, I ordered myself a couple of cookbooks -- Well Fed 2 by Melissa Joulwan and Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans by Michelle Tam. This week's food planning was basically just looking through WF2 and trying to decide which recipes to make, which was actually really hard because all of them looked really good. So far, I've liked them all, even though I didn't let the coleslaw sit for at least an hour as recommended. It was still good, and I'm sure it'll be even better as leftovers tomorrow. In a week or two, I'll do the same with the Nom Nom Paleo book, but since not every recipe in it is Whole30 compliant, I thought I'd wait, so if I want to try one that isn't, I can. Did that last sentence make sense? I hope so. Anyway, it's almost midnight, I think I'm going to go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment