Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 29

I can't believe it's already day 29. One more day. Not that I'm going to change much immediately. At some point, I'll do some re-introductions of stuff, but I'm not really in much of a hurry. Although today I would've loved bread. Warm, toasted bread, with butter. But I think that's because I woke up with a sore throat, and toast is kind of comfort food. So, yeah, sore throat. I went to an urgent care place after work and it's not strep, probably some allergy stuff, or maybe a virus. On the one hand, good that it's not strep, because strep is not a fun thing to deal with. On the other hand, if it was strep, they could give me antibiotics, and I'd feel better, probably by tomorrow afternoon. Oh, well. 

Anyway, the sore throat should help explain the all-soup day today:

Breakfast -- beef stew that had been cooking in the crockpot overnight -- it was beef, carrots, celery, garlic, onions, and butternut squash. It tasted okay, but not great.
 Lunch -- somehow I forgot to take a picture of lunch, but if I had, it would've looked a lot like the picture of supper, but instead of the roast beef, I used seasoned ground beef I had in the fridge, and I had an apple with almond butter with it.

Supper -- leftover soup from last week that I thawed out and heated up, and added some broccoli slaw, roast beef, and salsa. Oh, and a spoonful of almond butter, separately, not in the soup. Just because it sounded good while the soup was heating up.
Terribly exciting day, food-wise. Hopefully I'll feel better soon, but until I do, I suspect there will be lots of pictures of soup here.

No comments:

Post a Comment