Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 23

Boring day. Went to the store for a few things for a recipe, came home, worked. Very blah. Not that that's a bad thing, boring can be good, it's just -- boring.

Today's food:

Breakfast -- breakfast casserole, breakfast salad, avocado

Lunch -- Lunch was a major fail. I was prepping chicken for supper to be breaded in almond meal and baked, and had two pieces that weren't going to fit on the baking sheet, so I decided to cook those two pieces in the skillet on the stove and have them for lunch. Clearly, I burned them. What I discovered after I sat down to eat them is that while I burned the outside, the inside was just kind of warm, and I'm super afraid of salmonella poisoning, so I opted not to eat them (and this is why I should never cook without very detailed instructions). Shame, too, because the bit of the breading I tried before I realized they weren't cooked was really good, even burnt. So I ate the veggies (roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, and heated up some grilled chicken I had in the freezer. 

Supper -- the baked breaded chicken -- much better, and thoroughly cooked but not burned. I used this recipe for instructions, but changed the seasonings -- I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and an Italian blend spice mix.  It turned out pretty good, crispier than I really expected it to.

After supper -- I was still hungry, so I had an apple with some almond butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment