Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 15 -- Halfway!

Today was going really well. Work was boring, but during a break, I went to Central Market, which is always fun, even though I didn't buy much. I just like to go and look at all the stuff that I can't get in my local grocery store. I'm weird, I know. I also like to go to Office Depot and look at the office supplies -- not necessarily to buy anything, I just like office supplies. Anyway, after I finally got done with work, I came home, planning to have leftover mashed cauliflower, butternut squash casserole, and cinnamon chicken. Yum. I'd been thinking about it all the way home. Got home, went to get the chicken out of the fridge, and dropped the bowl. Chicken and broken glass everywhere. I almost cried. (I'm thinking maybe there's some hormonal stuff going on, I feel like lots of things make me cry that don't usually, and as good as the chicken was, I'm pretty sure crying over food isn't really normal.) And it was in the biggest bowl in my set of Pyrex mixing bowls. I use that bowl a lot, I'm definitely going to have to replace it. Fortunately, the other day I'd grilled some plain chicken breast to freeze to use later, so I had that with my mashed cauliflower and butternut squash instead, but it wasn't as good as the other would have been.

So here's the food:

Breakfast -- omelette, two eggs and some chicken (yep, it was just as boring as it sounds, but it was quick and easy) and a sweet potato I'd cooked overnight in the crockpot, with some cinnamon and coconut oil.


Lunch -- Burrito bowl topped with avocado, tomato, and salsa, with a peach.
A few hours after lunch, while I was still at work, I had a snack/mini-meal of chicken, salad greens, and half an avocado, topped with lemon juice. Forgot to take a picture.
Supper -- grilled chicken, mashed cauliflower, velvety butternut squash casserole.
I'm still a little grumpy about the whole chicken thing. And I'm sure sometime in the next few days, I will manage to step on the one piece of glass that somehow I didn't see when I thought I got it all, so, hey, something to look forward to. Anyway, I think I'm going to bed now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment