Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 9

Feeling grumpy today, but I did get most of the dishes washed and put away, until supper time, when they multiplied and filled up the sink again. There's only one of me, I don't understand how I use this many dishes. I've got chicken broth in the freezer and green beans rinsed to cook tomorrow, and I started a menu plan for next week, so I'll know what I need to shop for and cook over the weekend. I'm less tired than I was a few days ago, but still waiting for the burst of energy people talk about getting. Also, for some reason I seem to wake up every morning at 5 am or so. I've been able to fall asleep for a few more hours after, but it's really annoying.

Today's food:
Breakfast -- egg casserole, breakfast salad, peach, mayo

Lunch -- chicken salad made with roast chicken, half an avocado, grapes, celery, on a bed of salad greens, with some lime juice
Supper -- two eggs, scrambled with some leftover cooked ground beef, roasted jicama, homemade mayo -- I only ate about half that jicama (and that was half of the jicama I cup up to put in the breakfast salad -- it was huge! And it was the smallest one I could find at the store), I put the rest in the fridge to have tomorrow. I'd never cooked jicama before, only had it raw in salads and stuff -- it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment