Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 10

I woke up today feeling good. After breakfast, I even went for a walk. Not anything spectacular, just around the block. According to my Up (a really nifty pedometer type thing), it was .85 miles, and took me 18 minutes, but it was something, which is better than the nothing I usually do, right? 

Anyway, this is what I ate today:


Breakfast -- egg casserole, breakfast salad, coconut flakes
Lunch -- green beans, chicken and leftover eggplant, salad greens, 1/2 an avocado with salt, pepper, & lime juice, and some grapes
Supper -- sweet potato "fries" (really just roasted sweet potatoes, cut long & skinny instead of in cubes and sprinkled with Chinese Five Spice and salt -- some of them burned, but the rest of them were yummy), ground beef, and a little mayo for dipping the sweet potatoes in -- not an exciting meal, but filling
So anyway, that's my day, and I'm pretty much exhausted now, even though it's only 10 pm, so I think it's probably my bedtime. (Side Note: I'm usually up until 1 am or so, so this whole tired at 10 pm thing is really weird. And it could potentially interfere with my work schedule in the future, so I hope it doesn't last.)

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if somehow the food you eat can attempt to alter your natural waking/sleeping schedule? Maybe processed stuff screws it up. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the book It Starts With Food, they discuss sleep and how important it is, and how food affects hormones, which affect sleep. I think part of it is just my body adjusting to a new eating schedule and new way of eating. But I'm going to look into some blackout drapes for my bedroom, because I think part of it may also be that the light coming in in the morning may be affecting my sleep.

      Delete