Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Post-Thanksgiving Thoughts

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I haven't been posting here. I haven't posted my food pics on Instagram either. Some days I've eaten pretty well, some days I've veered way off course. I haven't weighed myself in weeks. My clothes don't seem to be getting any looser than they were, but they don't seem any tighter either, so I guess that's something. 

I haven't given up on the Paleo/Whole30 way of eating, it is something I intend to continue doing, I guess I'll just say I've been taking a bit of a break. For now, I'm going to keep eating according to Whole30 guidelines for my regular meals at home, but in social situations, I'm not going to worry too much. Fortunately for me, even during the holidays, my social life is not terribly active, but there will be a few things, and they may involve non-Paleo food, and that's okay. I am going to do another strict Whole30 after the holidays. I'm planning to start on January 2 (gotta have my black eyed peas for luck on the 1st, which would break the no legumes rule, so I'll start the next day), and hopefully I'll continue it for more than 30 days this time. 

I also think I preferred keeping a food log here, rather than on Instagram -- not that Instagram isn't great for looking at other people's foods and getting ideas, but I like being able to link to recipes or list things I forgot to take a picture of, which seems sort of limited on Instagram. Or maybe I just haven't figured out all the bells and whistles over there, I don't know.  Anyway, that means more food pictures here. Things that don't qualify as Whole30 or Paleo, I'll list in red, just to make it clear for myself or anyone else who may look at this later for food ideas during a Whole30. 

So without further ado, here's today's food:

Breakfast -- scrambled eggs with spinach and ground beef, roasted sweet potato with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder, homemade mayo.

Lunch -- (sorry for the really blurry pic, didn't realize it was that bad until I went to add it here) Applegate Farms organic beef hot dog, ground beef, spinach/kale mix, mushrooms, yellow cherry tomatoes, mustard, mayo. Not pictured -- packet of Artisana Cacao Bliss.

Supper -- two Applegate organic beef hot dogs, Bubbies sauerkraut, broccoli slaw, sweet potato baked fries, mustard, mayo, Strawberry Bliss kombucha.


No comments:

Post a Comment