Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day One

Day one is basically over now. It wasn't too bad. The no sugar for my coffee in the morning is no fun -- I tried a little coconut milk in it, but it's not the same. I think my first meal of the day was a little low on protein, the second had a little too much, and then I was so hungry by the time I got to my third meal that I piled more on my plate than I could eat.

Here's what I had:


Day One breakfast -- Mixed cooked vegetables (carrots, snap peas, celery, zucchini), egg muffins (4 mini muffin sized, equals about 2 eggs, with prosciutto and sauteed leeks, garlic, and mushrooms), blackberries, macadamia nuts, and coffee with coconut milk.


Day One lunch -- (that's in a small serving bowl, there really are veggies under there!) two handfuls mixed salad greens, carrot, celery, half an apple, roast chicken -- salad dressing was olive oil, lime juice and a little coconut milk)

Day One supper -- Orange Cinnamon Beef Stew from TheHealthyFoodie.com on a bed of steamed zucchini slices (instead of the rutabaga she used, because I wouldn't know a rutabaga if I saw one, and I had lots of zucchini in the fridge)


It felt like a lot of food, although I'm not sure I got all the proportions right each time. Pretty sure I overdid the fat at breakfast, since I had coconut milk and macadamia nuts -- I really  only remember there being like 4 of those nuts on my plate, I'm not sure how those others ended up there. Even with them, I was hungry pretty quickly, so tomorrow I'm adding a couple more egg muffins, and probably extra veggies too. The beef stew was pretty good, it would be better as a fall/winter meal when it's chilly outside, and it could use something else, something smoky flavored maybe. Or maybe I'm just still used to artificially enhanced flavors and my tastes will change? I don't know.

Oh, and I almost forgot -- I weighed myself this morning for my official pre-Whole30 starting weight, and was down another 3 lbs since last week -- I'm now under 300 lbs at 298.1! That makes me very happy. Also, I really am going to take a before picture so I'll have some basis for comparison at the end of the month, it just didn't quite get done today. Anyway, I'm exhausted, and I've still got to prep some food for tomorrow. I'm not used to having to actually plan what I'm going to eat in advance like this.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment