Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

General update

So, in keeping with my commitment last post to post twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays, here's a quick post, not crafting related.



Last night I stayed up too late reading The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King, the latest in her series of Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes stories. It's been a long time since I've read a book that really pulled me in and I couldn't stop reading. I'm working on Outlander, but it just hasn't been like that for me. It's not even that I'm not enjoying it, but it's not un-put-down-able, although that may be as much about me as the book -- I've had trouble focusing on much of anything lately, and just not been in the mood to read, which is really weird for me.

Anyway, The Murder of Mary Russell. I can't say a lot about it because spoilers, just in case someone reads this who hasn't read it yet, but I did enjoy it. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, but I'm trying to stay open minded and wait to see where it goes in the next one.

Other than that, not a lot going on here. The weather's been stormy, but at least we don't have flooding, and so far no tornadoes. My food choices have been less than stellar and I need to get back on track with that. I keep saying I'll do that, and then I get lazy and don't want to cook. That's really no excuse, I know I feel better when I eat better, it's just hard to get there when I'm this far off track.

So that's really all I have to talk about right now, I guess. I'll be back Saturday(ish), probably posting about the art journaling class I'll be taking on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment