Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 4

So, I've been really tired all day, not sure if this is still the caffeine withdrawal or what. Also, I just feel sort of slow, mentally speaking, like in a fog or something. Fortunately, I got to work from home, so I actually ate supper at a reasonable time and can go to bed fairly early tonight, maybe that will help. I have noticed that over the last few days I haven't sat around watching tv as much -- mostly because I'm in the kitchen trying to cook all the time. I will say I'm eating better tasting food than I've had in a long time.

Anyway, the food:

Breakfast -- This one was sort of a fail. I ate it anyway, but those are supposed to be fried eggs there -- I forgot how fast eggs cook when you fry them, and they got a bit overcooked. So that's two overcooked fried eggs, with the last of my egg muffins I've been having all week, with a sweet potato (baking them overnight in the crockpot turned out perfect -- just wrap them in foil, throw them in the crock pot, put the lid on it, put it on low, and go to bed.) I added coconut oil to the potato, since I can't have butter because of the no dairy rule.

Lunch -- Big handful of salad greens, with part of the breakfast salad stuff I've been having every morning because it's starting to look kind of sad and I want to finish it before it gets too soggy, plus the last of the roast chicken, half an avocado, and a mix of olive oil, coconut milk and lime juice for dressing.

Supper -- leftover orange cinnamon beef stew (still one more serving of that left in the fridge, eventually you will see something new here), chopped zucchini, roasted cauliflower and carrots, and half an avocado.
I've got the remains of the roast chicken, some celery, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary, and thyme all in the crockpot simmering to make chicken broth -- hope it turns out good, I've never made my own broth before. Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the farmer's market here in town -- in addition to the obvious veggies and fruit, there's supposed to be a spice company and someone selling grass-fed organic ground beef, so I'll have to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment