Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

Weigh in day today -- I was a little nervous, because I worked really late last night, and had a Diet Dr Pepper(for the caffeine), and a bit of whipped cream on my Medifast brownie (that's not weird, right? whipped cream on the diet brownie? sadly, it wasn't even as good as it sounded like it would be.) But I digress -- I stepped on the scale this morning, and it said 314.6 lbs! Yay! That's a total of 22.5 lbs lost since June 19. This is what makes Medifast easy to stick to. (well, mostly. I'm moving those cans of Reddi Whip to another fridge at work today so they'll quit calling my name.) 

So, mostly I've had a good week. My air conditioner went out over the weekend, but it was an easy and relatively cheap fix, and now it's working great. I had a craft party on Saturday, there were about six of us. I fixed mostly on-plan food for snacks, lots of fresh veggies. I had some dip mix I'd won in a giveaway that I made up for everyone else, but I didn't have any. I did make some stuffed mushrooms and had one -- it was yummy, and while it's not something I could have every day, it was nice to make something that felt indulgent but that I could have without throwing my entire day out of whack, calorie- and carb-wise. Fortunately, there were none of those left at the end of the day, so I didn't have to worry about what to do with the extras.

Shortly after I started Medifast, I ordered myself an UP. It's a bracelet-style fancy pedometer thing -- it measures steps taken throughout the day, and sleep, and syncs with MyFitnessPal so if I do any exercise, it will show up in MFP. It's kind of cool. Unfortunately, I've mostly just been wearing it and looking at the numbers and going, yeah, that's nice. I haven't really been working on improving the numbers at all. So this week, my goal is to get over 5000 steps for at least five of the next seven days. This doesn't sound like much, but looking at the charts, I've been getting mostly 2300-4200 steps a day, only getting over 5000 a couple of times. So 5000 a day is an improvement, but it's not an overwhelming number. It should just mean walking around a little more throughout the day, parking a little further from the office, and maybe spending a few minutes on the treadmill to make up the difference. It's not a huge thing, but I believe the little things will add up, and past experience tells me if I set too big a goal, I will give up on it.

Anyway, that's my plan for the next week. 

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment